Wedding planning does not have to be overwhelming or difficult. Here are 5 simple wedding planning tips for you to ensure you are prepared and stay on track.
1. Put together a wedding planner binder. This is a great tool to keep you organized throughout your wedding planning. Let me be frank. A two pocket folder will not keep you organized and on track. It has to be a system and something that you “love” and that you will use. Click here for a great DIY Video on how to put one together yourself.
2. Involve your fiance. You are not in this alone. This adventure of wedding planning is for the both of you. Encourage each other in the process and keep each other informed and included. You are going to be planning “something” during your marriage. This is a great time to practice now.
3. Take time for just the two of you. Planning a wedding can be all consuming if you allow it, especially if you are attending school or have a working career (or both). I just can not stress enough to take time to get away and not discuss the wedding (unless absolutely necessary). Turn off your computer, turn off your phone and spend some uninterrupted time together. This has to be intentional or it will get away on you. Put it on the calendar and stick to it.
4. Enjoy! This is important…you will never get this season of your life back again. Take in these special moments along the way.
5. Give me a call! As a wedding planner I have the overwhelm time and time again. If these things just don’t seem possible and you just don’t know what to do then give me a call. (It’s free) I can help you sort through the “overwhelming”, get you organized and help you take a deep breath. It is my goal is to make the process leading up to your wedding day just as special as the wedding day itself. I want you to have fun and enjoy every minute.
Ready. Set. Plan.